Cheesecake and I….
It’s a love-hate relationship.
I have searched for days on end – okay, maybe minutes – looking for a cheesecake recipe that would make ME happy, and make my conscious happy, too; Which means it would have to be low fat, low calories, easy to make…and delicious.
Impossible, you say? Not anymore.
Warning: I will let you know up front that there is not any cream cheese in this recipe, which is why it’s a “wannabe” …and low calorie 🙂
“Raspberry Cheesecake Wannabe” Recipe – serves 1
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt ( I use Dannon)
- 1 tbsp Jell-O Instant Vanilla Sugar Free Pudding mix (There is a cheesecake-flavored Instant SF Jell-O mix you could use, but I prefer vanilla)
- 1 package (any size) Sugar Free Raspberry Jell-O (Or any flavor, for that matter!)
- Slivered almonds
- Fat Free Whipped Cream
- Prepare the Sugar Free Jell-O (not pudding) as the package says (It would be best to make this ahead of time so it has time to chill).
- After the Jell-O has chilled for a few hours and “firmed up”, in a glass bowl mix the Greek Yogurt and SF Pudding mix until smooth.
- Place the bowl with the yogurt mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes or so (optional – but I find that it’s better a little firmer)
- Take the bowl out of the freezer and put 1 cup of the Raspberry Jell-O on top of the yogurt
- Put a spoonful of whipped cream on top and add on some slivered almonds to make it extra delicious 🙂
That’s it! Simple – yet delicious. Try out some different Jell-O flavors, too, and let me know what you think is best!
**The bare-bones version (without whipped cream and almonds) is only 70 calories, so eat up!